[Roadsters] 69 suspension re-assemble, part / Zerk question

ljordan704 at netscape.net ljordan704 at netscape.net
Sat Mar 6 10:20:00 MST 2010

 There are 20 per 311
http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.GreaseZerks

Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing at hotmail.com>
To: datsun <datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net>
Sent: Sat, Mar 6, 2010 8:37 am
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 69 suspension re-assemble, part / Zerk question

Fergus
D thingie - My 1970 didn't have this either
I put zerks in the upper ball joint (90 degrees) as well - don't know the
thread but it seemed to be standard since i got them from autozone
There were a coupl of other places with screws iso zerks - tie rod ends for
one - replaced them as well
Does anyone know the EXACT # of zerks on the car??

Peter (eliza - toad san)

> From: fergus06 at socal.rr.com
> To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 08:10:56 -0800
> Subject: [Roadsters] 69 suspension re-assemble, part / Zerk question
>
> doing a front suspension rebuild, and a few questions:
> 1. there is a d-shaped "thingy" shown underneath the bump stop in the shop
> manual:
> http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/38.gif
> appears to be either #45 or #48.
> Mine didn't have it when coming apart, appears to be a shim of some sort.
> What is it, and why?  (nad it it has no holes drilled in it, however would
it
> be mounted / afixed?)
>
> 2. My upper Ball joints have had the Zerk removed and a screw put in, both
of
> them.  I can fill them now (cause the A-arm is removed), but shouldn't
there
> be a Zerk here as well?
>
> OK, 3rd question, what is the correct Zerk thread, as I'll probably install
> one here.
>
> And finally, am I the only one that gets a mental picture of some goon from
> F-Troop when he says Zerk? (that is why I capitalize it....)
>
> thanks,
> Fergus O
> 69 2000
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/granvillecomputing@hot