[Roadsters] Cant get roadster to idle

Mike Harper roadsterdude1600 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 06:12:15 MST 2010

A newly rebuilt 2000 that dies after 3000 RPM:  my first guess is that the
timing chain might have been installed one tooth off.  My old 2000 ran strong
up to about 4000 but cranked hard and wanted to run on after shut down.  That
was my problem.  Easy to check visually by pulling the timing cover and
looking at the top sproket (check the book for how it is supposed to line up).
Good luck finding the problem.

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper Auction & Realty
843-729-4996