[Roadsters] Toyota woes OT

Dan Kroninger d_kroninger at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:03:07 MST 2010

I would not worry about it.  Toyota is a great company.  They recalled like 15
years of trucks last year or two years ago for the same frame issue.  My
friend had a 1996 Tacoma with 180,000 miles on it.  He took it to the dealer
and the dealer put his entire thumb through the frame with very little effort.
They told him that they could not legally let him take the truck off the lot.
They gave him a free loaner car for a week.  They said the truck was not worth
fixing, so they gave him 1 and a half times Kelly Blue Book excellent value.
His trunk was a POS as he is a construction guy and beat the hell out of it.
Bottom line is that he drove the truck for 3 years and boat load of miles and
got back $500 less than what he bought it for.

Several other friends had received the same letter and all had the same deal
of repair or 1.5 times KBB excellent.  They seem to be working very hard to
retain their customers.

Granted the brake deal is pretty scarey, but think about how many times your
ford or chevy left you stranded and what did they give you?  Nothing!

My two cents (and I am not even a Toyota owner)

Dan

conant.webb at gmail.com; g_slieker at prodigy.net

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/d_kroninger@hotmail.co