[Roadsters] question on power to the rear end

michael poorboy roadsterx at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:16:33 MST 2010

Hey Gary,

I am not sure how much power and or torque you plan on putting through the
rear end.

The axles seem to be the weak link. Over 200 WHP has been feed through the
rear end

on many occasions. One other thing you might think of is how much grip you
have in your tires. The failures I have heard of are when using wide race
rubber with high cornering loads. The other failures are the tail shafts due
to high speed vibrations, and drivelines when using rocket boxes with
clutchless shifting.

Mike