[Roadsters] Comp flywheel

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:05:30 MST 2010

Tilton offered an aluminum unit back in the day. I don't know if Les or any
of the other usual suspects still have them available. I've got a couple of
new 200mm 5 bolt L-series Tilton units on the shelf waiting patiently for me
to get off my duff and put a 510 together. I'm glad I bought them, and a
bunch of other stuff in the early '90s before they went NLA and prices went
nuts. Should have bought more. Hindsight and all that...!

Ron

IIRC, aren't comp flywheels simply machined from originals?  Using the
templates from Bob Sharp's book and the Sheeler (again,iirc) books, the
suggested pattern for machining and lightening is included.  Is there such a
part as a specific comp flywheel?

Enjoy, Eric G

> Have a friend who is working on restoring a racing roadster. He is looking
for a comp fly wheel. Wondering if anyone has one for sale or knows of any
companies that sell these?