[Roadsters] Grassroots Motorsports January Newsletter

Motorsport Marketing Motorsport_Marketing at mail.vresp.com
Thu Jan 14 08:43:24 MST 2010

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/36921d661
e/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%201]

[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/c5a43205b
c/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%202]

In the Latest Issue

New Year, New Events

2010 Calendar

Readers' Ride Spotlight

Club Corner

Forward This to a Friend

In the Latest Issue

It's time for the 2010 Editors' Choice Awards. We recognize 20 of our
favorite people, places, parts and cars from 2009. Here are some of
the other stories in the February issue:

Enduring Format: Street stock endurance racing has been thrilling
racers and fans for 25 years.
Race vs. Street Tires: Have manufacturers closed the gap between
performance street and purebred race tires?
Daytona Guide: In town for the Rolex 24? Here's how to eat, drink and
play like a local.
Model T for Today: Data file and buyers guide for the Ford Focus.
Choose Your Weapon: Make an educated decision when shopping for your
next autocross car.
$200X Challenge Warbird: A junkyard turbo and a cool paint job have
made this multi-time Challenge entrant a success.
Project Sports Racer: Improving the look and feel of our 1976
LeGrand Mk18 Sports Racer
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/205b44a67
c/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%203]
 project.

The February issue is on newsstands now. If you or your friends are
new to Grassroots Motorsports,
you can receive our next issue (April) absolutely free
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/99f1145ae
5/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%204]
. What's in the April issue? Here are some of the highlights:

$2009 Challenge: Full coverage from the latest Challenge. Meet the
teams and learn their secrets.
Yard Karts: We'll show you how to create some fun, super-inexpensive
yard karts that are suitable for the entire family.
Play Dirty: Veteran rally driver Paul Eklund has some practical tips
for rallycrossing your Subaru.
Surviving a Fire:  Charles Espenlaub explains how he bacame a human
torch and lived to tell the tale.
25 Hours of Thunderhill: Full coverage from the longest endurance race
in the world.
Project CRX: We install a Hondata ECU in our 1988 CRX HF
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/4da7067c3
0/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%205]
 and hit the dyno to measure the results.

New Year, New Events!
We've got a full schedule of events for you to attend in 2010:

The Orange Blossom Tour
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/c66138248
d/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%206]

We've got some big plans for our first all-new event for the new year.

The Orange Blossom Tour
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/486aef772
a]
 will be a guided trip through the best, most secretive back roads of
Florida. Our tour starts on March 15 in Amelia Island, right after
their incredible Concours d'Elegance
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/05604ce04
2]
. We'll have special events and attractions to visit on each leg of
the five-day tour, including stops at Daytona International Speedway,
the Fantasy of Flight Museum, the Brumos Collection, where we'll visit
with legendary racer Hurley Haywood, and much more. We'll finish the
tour with a nice reception hosted by Heacock Insurance. Lodging, meals
and activities are included as part of the entry fee, and the last leg
of the tour will finish at Bob Tullius's' airplane hangar in Sebring.
You'll have plenty of time to attend the historic 12-hour race. All
you need to do is show up with a cool, classic or exotic car.

The list of entrants is growing every week, and there will be some
really interesting cars joining us for the 5-day event. Highlights
include Robert Goldman of Moss Motors in his supercharged Triumph TR4,
and Jeremy Barnes of Mazda will also be on hand with an original 1967
Mazda Cosmo. Magazine staff members will be there along with past,
present, and future magazine projects. There are still spaces
available for you to join us on the tour, so click here to check it
out and sign up today
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/0aeea698c
c]
!

GRM Speedfest at the Classic Motorsports Mitty
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/e4f0b084b
7]

Tickets are now on sale for our biggest event of the year. Join us as
we celebrate the history and accomplishments of Peter Brock and his
Brock Racing Enterprises team. We'll start the weekend with a special
dinner celebration.
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/f504fca15
e]
 Not only will Peter be at the dinner, but we've  invited many of the
original team members to join our guest panel. There will also be a
gathering of original BRE race cars, replicas of BRE racers, and
BRE-inspired creations of all sorts. Tickets are only $55.00 each for
this dinner, and only 200 will be available to the public. Buy yours
now!

There's much more going on that weekend, too. We'll also be hosting
the East Coast premier of the Concours d'LeMons, a Friday night Mazda
Owners gathering, a "Light Up the Night" party on Saturday sponsored
by Hella, and a huge vendor area and swap meet. Also on the agenda are
the Lotus Evora ride-along experience, live music by Wes Cobb, slot
car racing, and free autocross runs in a new MX-5 thanks to Kumho
Tires.
Of course there's also a whole weekend of HSR vintage racing,
including the Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup and the second event of the new
Small Bore Cup endurance series presented by Classic Motorsports.

Are You in a Car Club?
Clubs and enthusiast groups are a huge part of the Grassroots
Motorsports community, and we want to make your next club event a
success. Contact our club coordinator
[mailto:tom at grassrootsmotorsports.com?subject='Club%20Calendar%20listing%20re
quest']
 to make sure your events are listed in 2010.

Looking for an unforgettable location for your club's national
convention or get-together? There's no better automotive backdrop than
at GRM Speedfest at the Classic Motorsports Mitty!
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/4af687529
2/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2012]
 If your club brings 15 or more cars, we'll set you up with a special
corral parking area, a 10-by-10-foot tent, and put your club on the
schedule for a parade lap session. The variety of automotive
activities available during the event are sure to make make your club
event the best of the year!
Last year, more than 30 clubs took part in this huge party and we hope
even more will join us in 2010. You'll have to order your tickets in
advance, and parade laps and parking areas will be assigned on a first
come, first served basis. Now is the time to beat the crowd! Contact
our club coordinator
[mailto:tom at grassrootsmotorsports.com?subject='SPEEDFEST%20AT%20THE%20MITTY%2
0CLUB%20REQUEST']
 for more information or to secure a spot for your club.

Free Eastwood Goodies

How would you like to win a $1000 shopping spree from Eastwood? Yeah,
that's what we thought.

Eastwood has been catering to enthusiasts for nearly 30 years, and
their catalog is chock full of tools and supplies aimed right at the
DIY
enthusiast.

This one is technically being held by our other publication, Classic
Motorsports
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/819ac7301
3/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2013]
, so head over to the Classic Motorsports site and enter now
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/edf21ddea
7/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2014]
.

2010 Calendar

Perfect for the office or garage, the 2010 Grassroots Motorsports
calendar features 12 months of brilliant, full-color photos of the
best cars from
the pages of Grassroots Motorsports magazine. Subscribers received the
calendar free with their December issue, but we have extras available
in the GRM Store
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/9376c19b0
8/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2015]
. If
you're not a subscriber, don't hesitate--subscribe now
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/55bd25cf4
c/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2016]
 so you can be ready for 2011.

Readers' Ride Spotlight: Ice Racing Subaru

Josh Hess submitted his Impreza TS to our Readers' Rides
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/569feca17
e/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2017]
 section. Josh's daily-driven Subaru competes in ice racing events
with the Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club, and he earned fourth place
his class for the 2009 season. Subaru STI "Pink" springs, STI Struts,
alloy wheels, and a variety of alignment strategies helped him get
there.
Dual-purpose daily drivers are at the heart of the GRM universe, so
we're sending Josh a GRM sticker pack for being in the Spotlight.

Want to see your car listed in the Spotlight or in the magazine? Put
it in our Readers' Rides
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/0d80bd1b6
a/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2018]
 section and post a photo or two.

Look for new articles
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/f06dee322
7/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2019]
,
car reviews
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/dfc493a02
a/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2020]

and project car updates
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/b6b539a8d
b/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2021]
 posted regularly to the grassrootsMotorsports.com homepage.

Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of GRM!
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/c6ab10fce
7]
 More than 1000 people already have.
Don't forget: You can follow us on Twitter
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/18d5a5b95
7]
 and check in on our mobile site
[http://cts.vresp.com/c/?MotorsportsMarketing/ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/e7e774db8
c/utm_campaign=Grassroots%20Motorsports%20January%20Newsletter&utm_content=da
tsun-roadsters at autox.team.net&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&ut
m_term=Text%20Version%20-%20Link%2024]
, too.

following link:
http://cts.vresp.com/u?ad65ef803c/d09e98bbf8/mlpftw

This message was sent by Motorsport Marketing using VerticalResponse

Motorsport Marketing
P.O. Box 1568
Ormond Beach, Florida 32175
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html