[Roadsters] Heater seals

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Sun Jan 17 00:32:02 MST 2010

Dana,

1.  I have used 1/4-inch thick/1/2-inch wide, adhesive-backed foam household
window weatherstrip, trimmed as necessary to fit to replace the degraded
original material.  The only purpose of this material is to prevent hot air
from bypassing the defroster vents when the latter are in use.  Bypass
leakage to the passenger compartment will not be a problem if the heater
control valve is closed.

2.  It is felt or felt-like cloth.  Doesn't really matter.  It just prevents
airflow from bypassing the heater core.

Gary