[Roadsters] tachometer

Bill Schairer wschaibe at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 1 20:27:27 MST 2010

Thanks, all.  I'll give lubing a try.  I can say quite confidently that it has
not been lubed according to these guidelines.

Bill
San Diego
On Jan 1, 2010, at 7:22 PM, Gary and Cindy Ault wrote:

> I'd recommend a light grease -- like Siloo white lube -- if you use grease.
Tach and speedometer cables shouldn't require more than a graphite-based cable
lube, though.

> Pull the cable from the car to lubricate it if you use a lube with a liquid
base.  I can tell you that the cable will come out of the sheath, something I
learned when I pulled the engine from my '67-1/2 2000 last summer -- and
remembered to disconnect everything else.  (The tach cable appears to be none
the worse for the incident.)

<gsglasgow at comcast.net>; "'Bill Schairer'" <wschaibe at ucsd.edu>; "'Datsun
Roadster'" <Datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net>