[Roadsters] Slightly OT, early 240z design

Scott Ulrich scott8933 at socal.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 20:46:17 MST 2010

I thought I'd seen pretty much all of its various forms, from the early
Goertz sketches to the final product, but this website has a pic I'd never
seen before so I figured I'd share:

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_110660/article.html?popularArticle

Scroll about 1/2 way down, and there's a b/w photo of some sort of prototype
they made that the article implies was intended for 4/cyl power.
Unfortunately the article just has the pic, and doesn't really describe
its circumstances. Neat though. But glad it never made production - its
pretty ugly. Maybe not *too *ugly, its kind of akin to the first sort of
clunky super-early Bluebird design that later morphed into the Roadster.

And if anyone has more info on that proto-z, I'd love to see and read more
about it.