[Roadsters] reusing tapped out holes

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Sun Aug 22 08:47:27 MDT 2010

  My kit was made by DRI Industries in Bloomington, MN, under the Work
Shop brand. I looked them up on the net and it appears that they closed
their doors in the mid-80's.

McMaster Carr has two potions:

The Jack Nut, which is like a Molly bolt, with a means to hold onto the
insert while you tighten the screw (90186a211). Only available in 6-32
to 1/4-20.
Rivet Nut, which, I think, is closer to a pop rivet in that it cinches
up with a tool (92387a69) Available in a much wider range of sizes, plus
metric and studs. Available in small quantities, tool extra, or in kits.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Gary and Cindy Ault, On 8/21/2010 9:20 PM: