[Roadsters] Fwd: The Glen

chalsted at comcast.net chalsted at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 17:16:47 MDT 2010

to the roadster population at large...from Elaine

Datsun Roadsters at The Glen September 8-12, 2010

Wednesday, September 8th- Craig and I will arrive at Watkins Glen State Park around 3 PM. and be tenting on Tuscarora Loop site # 291.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

All roadsters in town who want to join in this run around Seneca Lake, please meet at The Glen Market on Franklin Street at 10 AM. Craig and I will lead the group up the west side of the lake and 1st stop at Lakewood Winery. Our 2nd stop will be at Prejean Winery for so more sampling. We will continue to Geneva and The Belhurst Castle for a buffet lunch at Edgar's at 1:00 PM. Lunch run $9.95 for the buffet and it is a very intriguing place on the lake. After lunch we will continue down the east side of the lake, stopping at Wagner Vineyard and Leidenfrost Vineyard. Thursday evening is on your own. If there are wineries you would rather go to, just let me know. It will not break my heart.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Many roadsters will be involved in the winery car rallies and will meet us down on Franklin Street for the festivities. Fred Davidson has managed to secure group parking in a prime location at the icecream stand on Franklin Street next to the Burger King. Please contact Fred if you want to reserve a spot for your roadster.

At 4:30 PM, we will gather up on Datsun Hill to cheer on any Datsun we see in the race reenactment.

Around 6:00 PM, DRONE will be throwing their annual cookout at the Golden Knight Inn. Please bring food or drink to share. Come for the great food and roadster talk.

Now for Saturday, September 11, 2010

Come join us at Watkins Glen State Park parking lot on Franklin Street for our Show n' Shine. Bring your Datsun (any make or model) show condition or in primer. Vote for your favorites in several different categories. Come early 7:30 AM and stay till 11 or 12.

Lunch is on your own.

We would like all Datsuns to meet at the Walmart Parking Lot at 1 PM for our 1st ever Datsun Road Rallye sponsored by Hazlitt Winery and created by Jack McCormick. I am sure it will be a great time for all, so make sure you gas up before meeting us.

The Rallye will bring us back to Hazlitt Winery for a wine tasting and our annual get together.

I have spoken with Derrick who provided our meal last year. He is planning our menu of Pulled Pork Barbeque, Barbeques Beef Briskit, Salt Potatoes, Coleslaw and Rolls and butter. Ice tea and coffee will also be provided. The cost this year is $15.00 per person and we will have plenty of food as long as I have reservations by September 3rd. I need to know by September 1st if people are still looking forward to this.

Dinner will be by 6 PM followed by Awards and door prizes. A cash bar will be available.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Early on Sunday, many of us meet at Curly's for breakfast. Come early and talk roadsters. Some will head home, others will go to the track for the races.

As you know this has continued to be a slow year for many businesses and we are low on donations. Please dig deep into your stockpiles of roadster parts and donate to our Saturday night drawing. Any prizes will be greatly appreciated.

I will be ordering the trophies next week unless someone is creative and wants to make them.

As you know we always have t-shirts for sale at the Show n' Shine. Please plan on purchasing yours. Funds from these help with the costs of planning this event. We are looking forward to a great meet in 2011 when Datsun will be the featured car at The Glen.

Please email me back with reservations or any feedback to either Craig's email at chalsted at comcast.net or Elaine. Halsted at dss.virginia.gov or call my cell at 540-631-8646.

I know this email is running close to the meet but it has been a hectic time for me at work.

I look forward to hearing from all of you with suggestions and reservations. Here's to a great 2010 Meet at The Glen.

Elaine

Elaine M. Halsted

VIEW Employment Services Representative

Warren County DSS