[Roadsters] Throttle sticks open

Jeff and Lois Holder loisandjeff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:40:25 MDT 2010

HI guys,

Thanks for the help with the voltage regulator. Everything is working now. But
I have another problem.

I took it out for its maiden drive a couple of days ago. I drove around for
several miles then stopped for gas. When I started going again, the gas peddle
was "heavy" and hard to smoothly accelerate. I took it out today several times
for short trips with no problems. I then drove it about ten miles and stop for
a bit. When I started up again, the gas pedal was heavy but this time the
throttle stuck open and wouldn't go back to idle.

My guess is that when I stopped the engine temperature rose and the linkage
expanded. Was I supposed to use a lubricant on the linkage? Any ideas.

Jeff Holder