[Roadsters] Gas tank sealing and fuel lines

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Fri Aug 13 10:20:45 MDT 2010

Easy clean for a gas tank:

Muriatic acid.  You can buy the stuff at Home Depot.  Pour a couple of
gallons in the tank, and let it sit.  Depending on how much crap you
have in the tank will determine how long you want to leave it.

I did this with a tank that was pretty rusty inside, and it loosened up
a lot of the crud.

You can also spend about 100 to 200 to have a company use harsher
chemicals or an electrical process to remove the crud.  More expensive,
but removes more crud too.

Fuel Lines:

Blow them out.  Easiest way to go.  If they show signs of deterioration
or leaking, just replace.

Fuel Filer:

Probably the best, easiest, and cheapest way to go is what you
described.  A clear plastic disposable filter you can check and see if
there's crud in it.

Eddie