[Roadsters] Starting a new engine

Roger Kersch rogerkerschhd at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:24:23 MDT 2010

I am seeking opinions: I rebuilt and repainted my 2L conversion and
never started the fresh bored engine since about 95 or 96, always in
heated garage.The cyls could have some surface rust esp w fresh bored
and honed cyls. The cyls were oiled then but surely need something....
Or tear it down and clean and oil the cyls? This engine is balanced,
Norris cam, ported head, lite flywheel, .060 pistons, shot peened rods
Chevy conn rod bolts, springs shimmed .050", 44PHH's, 4.38 lim slip,
drilled oil galleries, Koni's, comp sway bar. Should be fun if if I
get it going in a few hrs....

Sent from my iPhone