[Roadsters] welding main shaft nut on 5spd

The Ken Pearce ken__pearce at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:04:32 MDT 2010

Here's the manual I'm referencing:

http://tinyurl.com/ya8jyyf

and here's the cover of the manual...

http://tinyurl.com/y9p6ame

The weld on my 5th gear is not against the thrust washer, it's on the other
side of the gear but could still cause the gear assembly to be slightly
thicker.

I have the two - nut arrangement, no tabbed washer of any kind...

I'm going to weld the two nuts together and call it good.    Thanks for all
the feedback and advice.  I'll read through what the other manual you
referenced describes and see if it makes any more sense to me.

Thanks!

Ken