[Roadsters] Soft Top Front Frame

Gary Boone gboone70 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 14:44:58 MDT 2009

If you're referring to the common crack in the front bow, I built a fixture to
hold the bow in the correct shape as if it were installed and had the crack
weld repaired (with a little extra reinforcement too).  I made the fixture
from a 2X4, and positioned a couple of small angle brackets from the hardware
store on each end of the 2X4, located so the holes in the brackets line up
with the holes in the brackets on the ends of the bow.  Then put some small
bolts and nuts to fasten the bow/fixture assembly together while welding.  I
passed my fixture on to someone in WyCroc and haven't seen it since.
Gary