[Roadsters] Banjo Bolt Washers

Mark Sedlack msedlack at neo.rr.com
Mon Sep 28 14:09:38 MDT 2009

They are made of soft metal (either dead soft copper or aluminum) to crush
and fill in any microscopic variations in the mating surfaces to stand up to
very high pressures, particularly in hydraulic brake applications.  Some
carbs use fittings with plastic washers, where the plastic is chemically
inert like HDPE or Acetal.

Mark Sedlack
Clinton, OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/