[Roadsters] What is in todays fuel that makes everything gum up?

Scott Ulrich scott8933 at socal.rr.com
Sun Sep 20 21:40:26 MDT 2009

Somewhat off topic I guess, somewhat on. I hate that you can't store
something as simple as a scooter for more than a few months without draining
all the fuel out of it first - otherwise risking an unnecessarily expensive
complete fuel system clean-out.
On the other hand, I remember growing up in Los Angeles as a kid and
sometimes not being able to see the end of the block in the summer from the
smog. People still complain about the air here, who either don't remember
or weren't here to see what Hell on Earth could look like. Sure, its still
bad some days, no question about that. But today's bad is nothing compared
to the leaded-gas days.

Sorry, just waxing anti-nostalgic. Back to the topic at hand.

I think there is something you can put in gas for long-term storage (or what
some people mysteriously call "Winter.") Pretty sure I've read about them on
motorcycle forums. Off to Google it...