[Roadsters] Heater Valve

E Scanlon escanlon at wa-net.com
Thu Sep 10 20:02:06 MDT 2009

Unless I'm completely mistaken, 66 1600 heater valve isn't located under the
dash, it's located in the engine compartment in that area directly behind
the valve cover.  At least that's the way it is in my 67 1600.

There isn't enough room behind the Heater Plenum itself to have a valve
positioned there.

I'm not referring to the bypass valve at the carburators, that's the total
"ON/OFF" valve.  The one you're referring to is the one that allows you to
have a "little bit of heat" or the full blown enchilada.

But, all that aside, due to the difficulties and arm-bending contortions
you'll be faced with, do you REALLY want to have to do it again if (when) it
fails?

Just my 2 cents.