[Roadsters] Oil filters

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Tue Sep 8 18:11:45 MDT 2009

I believe the spin-on oil filters for the 1600 and 2000 are the same.

Others
which work:

Fram PH2825
STP S2870A

Make sure that, whatever filter you
select, there is sufficient clearance for the drain-back tube.  I have seen
filters which application charts say will ift which interfered with the tube.
The interference was not enough to prevent the filter from seating, but would
affect oil delivery to the engine.

I don't think removing the drain-back tube
is a good idea.  As I understand it, the tube keeps oil in the block gallery,
and allows oil to the upper chain tensioner in the head more quickly on
start-up.

Gary