[Roadsters] Aluminum Radiator Set-up for a 1600

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Mon Sep 7 14:33:46 MDT 2009

The Champion radiators do bolt right in HOWEVER, there are a couple of
things you should know.

They DO NOT FIT "all" 1600 motors like they are listed on Ebay.

The fan shrouds on the 1600's had different bolt holes depending on the
years.

The vertical distance between the fan shroud mounting holes was either
6.25" for PRE 1967.5 and 7" for the POST 1967.5 years.

(My Champion radiator had the 6.25 vertical distance. and fit my 1966
1600.)  HOWEVER, the two bolt holes underneath the radiator for the air
scoop were NOT in the right spot.

So, if you want to use a stock fan shroud, AND your vehicle is POST
1967.5, odds are it won't fit.

IF you're going electric, OR your existing fan shroud is the earlier
model, it shouldn't matter.  Not sure what the issue of the bottom air
scoop holes is.

BTW, I have some 3 row radiators that have been gone completely over by
a reputable radiator shop that I'm selling for less than you'd buy a
Champion for.  Anyone who's interested can Email me off list.

Eddie