[Roadsters] Valve spring compressor tools

Gordon Glasgow gsglasgow at comcast.net
Sat Sep 5 23:37:41 MDT 2009

I'd go with one of these:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00901533000P?keyword=valve+spring+c
ompressor
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00999823000P?keyword=valve+spring+c
ompressor#descriptionAnchor

Gordon Glasgow
-----Original Message-----
From: datsun-roadsters-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:datsun-roadsters-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
ljordan704 at netscape.net
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2009 9:06 AM
To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Valve spring compressor tools

Hi List,
I posted this to 311 also, but thought i would try here too. Which of the
following tools would work the best for an on the car valve spring removal?
This is a Sears link showing many different kinds of compressor tools:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?keyword=valve+spring+compresso
r&relatedwords=valve+spring+compressor+tool&x=0&y=0
It is a 1600 and No the head does not need to come off. I want to put some
valve seals in this weekend but have never done that before. I know the
steps but getting a compressor to work is the main problem.
Thanks!
Linda
Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive