[Roadsters] Question about front springs

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Sat Sep 5 09:51:58 MDT 2009

I have recently brought a parts car home.  The body has heavy rust and bondo
in places, but I have noticed some interesting parts.  The 70 right front
fender is basically NOS, as are some of the center front body pieces.  These
parts are still wearing factory primer and in perfect condition.  These will
be looking for a new home one of these days.  The shocks appear to be KONI,
and will go to Mr. Hyde.  There was also a comp sway bar hiding under the
pile of junk that will also go to Mr. Hyde.

The front springs appear to be new.  From what I understand the chassis was
prepared for racing, so they could be comp springs.  They have a yellow band
painted on them.  What does the color signify?

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com
http://www.nowroc.org

GIVE ME MY FREEDOM, MY GUNS, AND MY MONEY..... KEEP THE CHANGE !!!!