[Roadsters] stuck drums

chalsted at comcast.net chalsted at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 10:49:18 MST 2009

I've found for the most part that the shoes stick tightly to the inside of the drum... usually what I do is back off all the way on the adjuster if possible and then remove the 2 nuts holding the adjuster in place and with a hammer bang the center of the adjuster until it pops inside the drum... that should help... then try to get a flat blade screwdriver or cold chisel between the drum and hub in the center and go side to side trying to gain space between the two. hope that makes sense...have loosened up at least a couple of them that way thru the years... ;-)

Craig