[Roadsters] Gauge voltage regulator troubles.... VR bench tests, but gaug...

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 07:27:50 MDT 2009

Try checking the gauges. Remove them and with your variable power supply
vary the voltage going to the gauge. It should peg about 6 volts. Also, if
you  ground the sensor wire that gauge should peg. The system is pretty
basic,
 battery to regulator to gauge to sensor to ground. At this point pull the
sensor  wire loose and ground it. That will do an end to end check of
everything but the  sensor. If the gauge pegs then the sensor is the problem.
If
not it is the gauge  or wiring. Test the gauge and you will be down to
wiring.

keith  williams
ccfcccs
_http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org_
(http://www.clarkcountyferalcats.org/)

bIf  Not Us, Then Who? If Not Now, Then When?b

In a message dated 7/22/2009 5:32:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,