[Roadsters] Barn finds

Eddie eddietude at socal.rr.com
Sun Jul 19 10:17:09 MDT 2009

heard that story 100 times before.  yeah, it's an urban legend.

Here's one that IS true, because it happened to a friend of mine.

A husband dies, and he was an old car collector.  She calls his buddy,
and says, Listen, I need these old cars out of here and now, could you
come up and look at what he's got?  The husband goes by, knowing much of
what the guy had was junk.  Turns out, there was a Corvette from the
50's in very good condition, as well as a few other cars from the 40,'s
and 50's as well.  Mixed in were also a bunch of crap.

She tells him:  "give me 5 grand, and you can have all of them, but you
HAVE to take the shitty cars too..."

He tells her, (since the husband was his good friend) "these cars are
worth a lot more than that."

She says:  "I appreciate that, and that's ok.  He left me quite well
off, and I just want this stuff out of here..."

True story.