[Roadsters] H-190 rearends (Detroit Locker)

Tillinger, Richard (OLN) RTillinger at Dresser-Rand.com
Wed Jul 8 12:14:05 MDT 2009

Hi Bill (et. al.),

It is a Detroit Locker if the end away from the ring gear is conical; it
is a "Posi" (limited slip) if it is cylindrical all the way. I do not
have the side gears as separate items (and don't know where to get
them), but I do have a complete Detroit Locker for Roadster axles
available if you or anyone else is interested.

Regards, Dick Tillinger

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:21:03 -0700
From: Bill Cole <datrock at centurytel.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] H-190 rearends
To: datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net

Hi, this past weekend I brought home an Aluminum cased H-190 that came
with some other Datsun parts. It was obvious that is was not an open
unit, and after disassembling it to inspect it I realised it has a
Detroit Locker or something similar to it hidden within the casing. I
believe the ratio is 488 and it also has the pickup side gears in it.
Has anyone ever found replacement "Locker"sidegears for the 24mm x 23
splined axles that our Roadsters have?

Bill