[Roadsters] second mirror

Mark Sedlack msedlack at neo.rr.com
Wed Dec 9 13:32:26 MST 2009

Dan,

I've heard varying accounts of what mirrors were used, and who put them on.
I've seen low-windshield cars, side-by-side, that had different mirrors when
both owners swear that the mirrors on them when new.  I've heard accounts
that  mirrors were installed at the dealer.  Other accounts that the dealers
would remove a single, Datsun supplied driver's side to add a pair of
matching mirrors. And still other account that Datsun used whatever parts
were available the day they were producing. I think any of these would only
concern a purist, which my car will tell you I'm not.

I've got dual Radyot reproduction mirrors on the "R", our custom '66.
Driver's side is flat, and passenger is convex.

http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/yipes_stripes.htm

I got them because I liked they way they look, and they are period correct
for racing.  They're small, vibrate a bit, and are locked in position - no
adjustment once you tighten the ball nut, but they do an acceptable job of
showing the car I just passed......

If you are going to mount them on the fenders, you'll need a helper to move
them around the find your sweet spot, for your mirrors.

Mark Sedlack
Clinton, OH
66 1600 V6 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/
77 280Z  V8 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/