[Roadsters] Temp Sensor

Steve Harvey stebharvey at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 30 12:41:10 MDT 2008

Dah! Found the sensor below! I must have looked in that area 20 times in the
last two days. I feel like an idiot. At least now I know I have a sensor
installed but the question remains, is the sensor bad, the wiring or the
gauge. I turned on the ignition and  put my test light on the wire and
sensor and got a pulse on the light. I cleaned the brass connector on the
sensor and the brass connector on the wire. I started the engine and let it
run for around = hour. I put my 12V tester light on the sensor again and got
the same  pulse reading. Is it correct in saying that you will get a pulse
on the sensor connector until the thermocouple responds to the coolant
temperature which will then send a constant 12V signal back to the gauge?

Thanks

Steve Harvey