[Roadsters] Weight of door guts/door opening brace.

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 29 18:03:14 MDT 2008

Hi Eric,
Not specifically answering your Q, but on advice from various sources, I
made up a pair of door opening braces to keep the body shell in alignment
whilst doing a complete body off restoration.
I hung the doors while the body was fully supported from underneath, checked
the alignment, removed the doors, then constructed the braces you see.
The body is now on a rotisserie but the braces positively hold the door
openings in the correct location.
The pics. Start at this location: -
http://nissanman.shutterfly.com/223

"I remember reading about putting a proper size weight in a door (when all
of the internals have been removed for painting) when mounting the door to
ensure that the body lines will align when the door is fully rebuilt.  As I
recall, this technique was performed for painting, during a frame-off
restoration, for example.
Could someone refresh my memory on this?  Seemed like it was 15-20 pounds or
so.
 Thank you,
Eric Isaacson"