[Roadsters] Coolant Temp. gauge question

Steve Harvey stebharvey at ameritech.net
Mon Sep 29 12:33:40 MDT 2008

Group,

My 1970 1600 has never had a functioning temp gauge. I purchased an
aftermarket gauge that came with several different brass fitting that hold
the copper sensor to the head. I've seen other 1600's that have the temp
sensor installed at the front (left side) of the head. On my car there is a
fitting installed into the head which is attached to a rubber hose which is
attached to a 90 degree tube that goes to a fitting at the front of the
intake manifold.  Do I need this current setup? Is it factory? Can I put a
"T" fitting off of the head so I can install the temp sensor and re-attach
the hose and tubing that run to the intake manifold? Or, is there another
location on the head were the sensor could be installed? Sorry for so many
questions.

Thanks

Steve Harvey