[Roadsters] datsun 1600 head questions

Bill Cole datrock at centurytel.net
Thu Sep 18 20:40:50 MDT 2008

If I remember right doesn't the iron head have a 3 bolt water tower,
while all R-16 aluminum heads either S.A.E. or Metric have 2 bolts or
studs holding the tower to the head. That would be one way to visually
tell if you didn't have your magnet with you. My 67 spl 03595 with it's
3 main #9677 engine has a cast head. My old reliable R-1305 engine
already had an SAE aluminum head placed on it when I bought it for $20
back in the 80's,  it is still running in a 68 spl that is driven daily
by my brother.  Bill