[Roadsters] datsun 1600 head questions

Daryl Smith drlsmith at dccnet.com
Tue Sep 16 13:09:57 MDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oliver" <sumton at sbcglobal.net>

> 1.  were they all aluminum?
No. The '66 and some '67s were cast iron heads with SAE studs/threads. I
believe some of the later '67 had non-smog aluminum heads with SAE
studs/threads as well. After that the heads went aluminum and metric
threads/studs.

> 2.  what years are readily interchangeable with an early (low windshield)
> 67?
You can fit any of the 1600 heads on any of the blocks. I believe most of
the 1500 heads (cast iron) will also fit, as well as H20 heads. Tho if you
are going to use an H20 head, make sure it is not a forklift head!
Also don't forget if you use a later head, you will be using a metric head
with an SAE block, and don't mix up the bolts/nuts!

Daryl
3 main SAE block with a Metric head!