[Roadsters] Valves leaking while cc'ing

Daryl Smith drlsmith at dccnet.com
Sun Sep 14 23:29:10 MDT 2008

Thanks for the note Steve, and others as well.

I provided the machine shop with the list of spring specs/heights and stock
valve dimensions with the work order.
Seats? This is the SECOND shop that has told me that the stock seats in the
aluminum head were in good shape, would be fine with the unleaded fuel, and
there was enough material there to modify for my oversize 1.70" intake
valves, and 1.35" exhaust valves.....
I had suggested that they should change the exhaust seat since the new valve
was almost 2.3mm larger, but they were adamant that it was fine and they
didn't need to be changed.????
Is this a case of "we just don't want the work"???

Here's hoping this discussion saves someone else some time/money.......

Daryl