[Roadsters] Fuel problems

ljordan704 at netscape.net ljordan704 at netscape.net
Mon Sep 1 10:03:43 MDT 2008

 Steve,

There can be quite a bit of gunk in the fuel lines even when the tank
has been cleaned, that was the case for me ( I used GasTank Renu service) The surprising thing is how
long it can take for bits to break loose. Cleaning the? metal fuel
lines and using the clear plastic fuel filters (and always having a
spare with you) can help.

Also an overlooked problem can be a stuck fuel bowl valve, which can
shut off the flow making you run on one carb. It doesn't seem to take
long for gas to degrade and cause problems.

My experience anyway.

Linda

68 1600