[Roadsters] torque rod?

gregs672liter at netzero.net gregs672liter at netzero.net
Fri Mar 28 11:17:07 MST 2008

The one on my 67 2000 was broken just like yours when I got it 23 years ago,
and I have never bothered to get it fixed.  I have all the parts, just never
did it.  As far as I can tell, my car does not miss it, but then again it
could very well be that my springs (comp) are twisting up into an S shape
every time I get on it hard and I don't know it, but I have never had any
wheel hop... just lots of tire spin heh heh heh!  I read that they frequently
broke and the factory welded in additional support, but like Jerry says, they
still broke.  I considered doing a Watts linkage but again, another project I
have not gotten around to yet.  As far as I can tell, my car handles very
neutral, so I don't think it makes any difference in that regard.  I believe
that traction bars are designed to do the same thing... keep the springs from
twisting.
Greg Burrows

-- Jerry Krakauer <jsk977 at optonline.net> wrote:
Steve,

In years past mine broke regularly, re-welded, gusseted, reinforced and it
still broke. Of course a Detroit Locker with 4.62:1. and a protofied engine
didn't help. Always knew when it broke...lots of instant axle hop.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099