[Roadsters] Victory - Another Roadster lives

Graeme graemes at internode.on.net
Wed Mar 26 23:47:29 MST 2008

Sorry, I must have missed this!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Don't you just love it when they come back from a coma?
It is great to hear that you are making progress.

"I fired up the Roadster for the first time today in many years. Pulling the
distributor and priming the oil pump was a pain but, it sure makes setting
the points easy. You just spin it to the high point on the cam lobe right
there in your hands.
I must have had the timing and carb set-up pretty close because it was no
struggle at all to start and it idled nicely.  Oil pressure looked good.
There was a nasty rattle, though.  I suspected the water pump so, I
disconnected the fan belt.  Noise went away.  I shut it down, grabbed the
fan blade, and noticed lots of play in the water pump shaft.  So, looks like
I'll need a replacement.
I still have a very long way to go but, the sound of the engine sure
provides inspiration.  With any luck, I'll have the old Roadster back on the
road, again.
Thanks to all on the list. I can't even count the number of times this list
has helped me solve a problem I couldn't figure out.
Dan McHatton
'66 1600

Checked by AVG.
6:50 PM