[Roadsters] Was points, now NGK BP6E versus B6E

gregs672liter at netzero.net gregs672liter at netzero.net
Sun Mar 23 17:17:08 MST 2008

Just as an FYI, the NGK extended tip plug would cause my 11.7 to 1 compression
U20 to knock more easily than the standard plug.  I could run more initial and
total advance with the standard plug which was better for this motor.  I once
blew the center electode out of 2 of the 4 Champion plugs I was trying in this
same engine using a GB EI and a Jacobs Pro-Street Ignition box/coil.  Don't
like Champions.
Greg Burrows
67 2000

-- "dave" <daveandlindab at comcast.net> wrote:
NGK's own site lists a B6ES, stock #7432, gap at .032 for a 66 1600.  A
projected tip may work, but if you are unsure of actual clearance, why
risk it.

Dave Brisco
ECR