[Roadsters] Selling My 1969 Datsun Roadster 1600

junk4us at comcast.net junk4us at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 09:24:15 MST 2008

O.k., it is time to sell my Roadster.  I have been driving in less frequently all the time and as much as I would like to keep it, it needs a better home.

Mileage 136476.  I have had the car since 1996.  I has been garaged for most of that time.  Left out only when we were gone overnight or for brief periods under a car cover.  Runs great, but needs to be driven more.  My lack of driving it has lead to battery failure on more than one occasion.  Red (Spanish red #64, I think), black interior.  Chrome is in pretty good shape.  Needs to be repainted, because some of the filler used when I had it painted has cracked.  Or at least the bad spots fixed.  Paint otherwise in very good shape.

Top is in excellent shape, I put a new one on when I got it.  I had it reupholstered.  Dash needs to be redone.  Idler arm is worn, passenger side front wheel is missing one lug nut and one wheel stud is worn.  This needs to be taken care of before any excessive driving is done.

Original radio doesn't work, but I had an under dash CD-Radio put in  it when I got it.  Original Heater Fan control doesn't work, but the previous owner had one installed under the dash, so the fan works.  I had a new master brake cylinder installed, and new fuel pump, and voltage regulator.

If you have any questions, e-mail me.  If you would like pictures e-mail me.  Location of the car is Yuba City, California about forty five miles north of Sacramento.  It can be test driven, but not driven home due to the missing lug nut.

I am asking $3500 for it from anyone on the list, because I know it will go to a good home.  If I have to list it in the papers, Craig's list or eBay I will probably be asking $4500.

John