[Roadsters] mirror removal

Matthew A. Smith matthews517 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 16 09:58:08 MST 2008

Gary,
I have done this, though not on a roadster mirror. However, the mirror was
attached similarly to the back tho. Boiling water is the key. Since water
won't get "too" hot it won't discolor the casing. Because it's water, it
won't harm the mirror surface like a chemical may.
Have a hot pan holder ready, and have as many pieces of plastic as possible
available to help "coax" it out of position (plastic putty knives, plastic
silverware, etc. all of different thicknesses and strengths). Find out what
works and go at it!
I'm not saying it's the perfect solution. If you break the mirror, you break
the mirror. S**t happens. It will not damage the casing and is WELL WORTH
THE TRY!
Matt