[Roadsters] Advice on Wheels and Tire combos

alvin gogineni alvingogi at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:15:34 MST 2008

The konigs are 0 offset, and won't clear your rear fenders. -9mm is even
worse.
195/60/14 on the Appliance will work fine.Alvin GogineniSan Jose, CA67.5
SPL/SR20> From: jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com> To:
datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net> Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:20:38 -0400>
Subject: [Roadsters] Advice on Wheels and Tire combos> > My 70 SRL project is
progressing to the point where I need to find some> tires. Recent posts about
tires have helped spur me into action - so thanks> for that. There's still
about a foot of snow on the ground here in NY but> it's melting (slowly) so no
big rush.> > > > I am liking the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS recommended by
Gordon (based on> Tirerack survey info). I am running the Yoko's on my other
roadster and> figured I would give the Bridgestones a try.> > > > I spent
about an hour on 311s org and I couldn't find what I was looking for> - at
least not in enough detail to give me confidence to spend a few hundred> on
new tires. At one time I read on 311s.org that almost any Z-car wheel> would
fit on the roadster but I can't seem to find that content on the site>
anymore.> > > > Here's what I have to work with:> > > > A set of Konig rewind
14x7 from a 240Z (-9mm offset I believe). - If I go> with these, what size
tire would fit on the roadster? I think I have to go> to a 205 series go get
out to the 7" rim width - any tire advice for these> wheels? I think people
are running these based on some pics and info on> 311s but the site was not
clear on offsets and tire sizes.> > > > A set of Appliance Mesh 14x6 wheels -
again from a 240Z (offset???) - I am> leaning toward these wheels because I
think they will fit better (although I> like the look of the rewinds better).
I am liking a 195/60-14 or 185/60-14> for these.> > > > Any advice how to
measure the offset? Being an EE, I was never very good> with the mechanical
measurements except basic stuff like rulers or calipers> > > > Last choice is
the stock steelies with the stock dog dish hub caps - I would> run the
175/70-14's on these.> > > > I apologize if this info is readily available on
311s and I am too lame to> find it - I just couldn't get enough details from
the time I spent looking -> I figured you all would help me out.> > > >
http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >