[Roadsters] Cylinder head

gregs672liter at netzero.net gregs672liter at netzero.net
Tue Mar 11 01:09:00 MST 2008

Hi gang! Well, just to add fuel to the fire (like it needs it!) I asked my
friend Steve (head guru and engine builder) if it made any difference and he
was not of the opinion that it did (which is the opposite of what I had
recalled him saying, though I am known to have a fuzzy memory at times!).  I
too have read that you always untorque the head the opposite of how it was
torqued to avoid warpage, but Steve pointed out that the head is bolted to a
flat surface in the first place and how you unbolt a head (that is not already
warped) from a flat surface would make no difference.  So, there ya go.  I for
one will probably continue to unbolt my heads in opposite sequence.  And there
really is no way to prove it one way or the other very easily.  And remember,
just because it is written down somewhere does not make it true... kinda like
the statement in the original Roadster manual that you cannot remove the cam
towers without line boring them afterwards... not true... you just have to use
some common sense when reassembling it.
Smiles to everyone!
Greg Burrows

-- "Pete Peters" <ppeters914 at comcast.net> wrote:
A dentist, eh? Now I know how you afford all those toys! <g>

Pete "getting ready to have his 30yo bridge replaced"