[Roadsters] OT but very cool New German Parking Garage

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sat Mar 8 19:25:53 MST 2008

I think I can to put my half wit/half cents worth in here.

I know from (indirect) experience that European cars are better maintained than the cars in the US. They also have to pass extremely tougher road and licensing tests than ours do.

When we moved to the UK in '82, Dad had his '70 1600 shipped over so he wouldn't have to buy two cars.

Based on the very stringent testing they have over there, Dad had to totally rebuild his brake system because his then, 12 year old Roadster, could not pass their test(s). And again, it was only 12 years old at the time.  BTW...Dad is your typical shade tree mechanic who has rebuilt the engine and tranny himself, as well as re stitching the interior himself--twice, so you can, hopefully, imagine how well maintained the car was at the time.

So one has to think that the cars stored in this facility are not the leaky sort.

Then again, this picture looks kinda like a Hot Wheal garage I had as a kid!! So maybe it is just a model????

Sorry for the bandwidth

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Two part cars (now) and a pissed off wife
Still clueless but always learning

---- James Fogg <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:

=============
> German Parking Garage
>  <http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13596>

I've seen this before along with a news article somewhere. It's a great
idea. The only thing that worries me is if they take a leaking junker
and park it above me. The ramps look solid so I guess that liquids and
oils will run to the center or edge, but it would be nice if that was
certain.

I hope they have a large fire suppression system. That structure is
basically a chimney and a fire in one car would quickly consume the cars
above and become a fire that couldn't be extinguished. Cars burn rapidly
and violently.
You are subscribed as tputland at charter.net

Datsun-roadsters mailing list

http://www.team.net/archive