[Roadsters] Windshield gasket

philip erickson fj20spl311 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 16:55:50 MST 2008

One way to remove a 68-70 windshield safely is to cut the gasket on the inside after you remove the dash.

  I have safely removed both safely without cutting the old gasket and therefore was able to reuse the old gasket.

  You need to be very careful in releasing the gasket from the window frame on the outsideof the lip from the interior even if you cut the interior lip of the gasket.

  I used a curved pick and rubber lube....take your time and onle push on the windshield after the gasket is loose.
  Phil