[Roadsters] Ignition switches

dansummers at comcast.net dansummers at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 18:39:01 MST 2008

I have a 69 2000 I got about a year and a half ago. It had been sitting outside in  New Mexico for eight years. I have cleaned up the fuel system from tank to carbs including new fuel lines and filter and changed the oil and filter. But the ignition switch seems to be shot. I went to our local wrecking yard and actually found what they call a 69 2000. I have been pulling everything that I think I will need including the Ignition switch. But when I compare the two switches the one in my car has ACC,GARAGE,ON and START and the plastic cover is held on with a screw that goes into the turn signal mechanism from the bottom. The one from the wrecking yard has GARAGE, ACC ON and START and the plastic cover is held on by a crew in the top of the switch. the back of the switches look the same. Can anyone tell me are these inter changeable?

Dan
SRL311-03490