[Roadsters] 160 MPH Speedo

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 07:08:34 MST 2008

I drove a 72 Triumph GT6 for ten years (2 litre in-line 6, twin Stromberg
150s, same as the TR250) and the answer from my experience is "Yes, not even
close". Although the GT6 was a great handling touring car, it didn't move
like my little "Asian girls".  And the GT6 could never go topless.

Both of my 1970 roadsters have the 140 MPH speedo - one is a SRL (SU) and
one is a SPL with a U20/5 speed (SU) that I didn't install.  I assume the PO
changed the speedo as part of the upgrade.  I'm not sure if this was due to
drive gear differences or more along the lines of what Keith Williams
contributed to this "thread". I have the original 120 mph speedo, R16 and 4
spd tranny as spares.

Joe