[Roadsters] 160 MPH Speedo

Keith0alan at aol.com Keith0alan at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 06:53:24 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/1/2008 4:45:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
granvillecomputing at hotmail.com writes:

How  amzing is it that a cheap japanese car had the audacity of  presentiing
itself as the potential of being a 160 mph car in the first  place ?

We own some amazing little cars - even a 1600 with a 120 mph  speedo (only 6K
rpm)- could MG/Triumph even come close  ?

One of the basics if instrumentation is to never use a gauge that can be
pegged by what you are measuring. They are most accurate in the center part of
the range. My stock 1600 will do all but a hand full of the 120 speedo. For a
car that will do in excess of 120 as the 2000 will the 140 or 160 speedo is a
good choice.

keith

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)