[Roadsters] Cross Country, have I lost my mind?

Stan Rasmussen razmataz at indy.net
Thu Jul 31 16:53:54 MDT 2008

Nathan,
  Mike Adams (Formerly of TDROC) and I ran a 1600 and a 2000 from
Houston to Shasta in July! Yes it was very hot, we put the tops up but
folded the sides up on top of the roof and held it together with bungees
just to have some shade. The cars ran great, the only adjustments we
made were a tweak to the carbs when we got up in the mountains.  I
pulled a small (parts) trailer behind my 2000 and could still hit 100.
I'm not sure about your 69 but my 70 has a throttle lock which gave my
foot a rest occasionally using it as a Cruise control.  The only parts
we took as a precaution were items like fan belt, water pump,
thermostat, and other small things you can change or add on the road. We
took the southern route there and the northern back, cooler is better.
Have a great trip!  BTW- my 2000 now has AC!   Stan in Indy