[Roadsters] Cross Country, have I lost my mind?

Tom Hendricksen tom at datsun2000.com
Thu Jul 31 16:28:23 MDT 2008

Nathaniel,

Your not crazy, but you should take a few things with you "just in case".
This year Mr. Hyde, who has been very reliable, stopped cold on the freeway
exit in Medford, Oregon while heading for Shasta.  Keeping to the basics I
started looking for fuel, air, and fire.  Since I assumed air was there and
I had a timing light I checked for fire.  None.  A little messing with
closed points and I was back on the road.  I noted very quickly that my tool
set only had the small size spark plug socket.  I will carry the right size
in the future.

The Emergency List on NOWROC has a long list of suggested items to carry.
Luggage might be a luxury if you carry them all.  Many of them make sense,
so you can pick and choose if you like.  The list was created several years
ago by Calspeed when he hosted the emergency garage list.  I might suggest
copying down info on owners along your route.  You might meet a friend and
save a lot of time too.

www.nowroc.org

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde