[Roadsters] Cross Country, have I lost my mind?

Nathaniel Leeds nmleeds at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 31 15:12:13 MDT 2008

I'm planning a Colorado to California shot in the old '69 2000 and am
wondering if I've lost my mind. Everything's rebuilt and new, and we've
driven the 500 miles breaking-in period without recent major incident. And
now its time to test fate.

My preference is to take Highway 50 across the desert to stay away from the
big trucks on the 80, but I'm worried about whether running the car all-out
for 500 miles is such a smart thing to do in a part of the country where gas
stations are few and Datsun even fewer.

Had anyone done this, or similar drives in their cars. What's happened, what
breaks, and what advise to you have for someone who's probably to boneheaded
to take it?

Nathaniel Leeds
'69 2000, SU